Some hints and limitations to keep in mind as you install and use IDImposer.
- Whichever technique you use to install, be sure that the RESOURCES folder ends up in the same parent folder as the IDImposer11-Pro.jsxbin file. Otherwise, IDImposer won’t be able to find the PageSequence files, which can be used for producing a variety of N-up layouts.
- So, don’t move the jsxbin file out of its parent folder, which is probably named something like ‘IDImposer11BFolder’. You can rename this folder, though, if you wish, so that installing a new version of IDImposer doesn’t remove your current version of IDImposer.
- IDImposer is not currently localized for other languages.
- Multiple units of measurement ARE supported, however: cm, mm, points, and inches.
- In the Extras / Labels folder are both metric and U.S. sizes of labels and business cards.
- Currently only the period “.” is supported as the decimal point character for numeric fields in the UI. Commas must only be used as a value separator, in numeric fields which accept multiple values (horizontal and vertical spacing, and the number of sheets per signature.)
- IDImposer assumes that all of the InDesign source document’s pages are at least roughly the same size. If this is not true, IDImposer will warn you, and your output may not be positioned the way you expect.
- If you have more than one ‘Page 1’s in your Document, in different Sections, be sure to use a unique “Section Prefix” for each of your Sections. Otherwise IDImposer and InDesign get confused about which ‘Page 1’ to use, resulting usually in the first page being repeated about 4 times in the imposition output; and 3 of the other pages will be missing.